Where to Use:
|Packaging Size||5 kg|
|Dry Solid Content||18%|
|Minimum Drying Time||2 hrs|
Some Application Examples:
- For treating gypsum surfaces prior to fixing ceramictiles.
- As an anchoring coat for gypsum-based sprayableplasters
- To improve the bonding of smoothing compoundson cement, gypsum, asphalt, ceramic and marble surfaces cement based and calciumsulphate-based screeds and asphalt
- To provide uniform absorption in cementitious or gypsum surfaces
- Preparing cement-based surfaces prior tosmoothing with self-levelling or thixotropicsmoothing compounds.
- Between layers of smoothing compounds once the first coat is perfectly dry.
- On gypsum plasters prior to smoothing withcementitious products.
- On anhydrite surfaces prior to applying cementbased products.
- On cementitious renders prior to smoothing withgypsum based products.
- On gypsum walls as a fixative for wallpaper adhesives
- Before installing ceramic tiles with cementitious adhesives on:
- Gypsum plasters and sprayed gypsum
- Prefabricated gypsum panels
- Fibrous-gypsum panels
- Anhydrite screeds.
- Treating gypsum walls, chipboard, cement fibreboards, foamed concrete, renders etc. prior topapering or painting.
Primer Gis a water dispersion of special syntheticresins which, once applied to any surface, dry toform a flexible, compact, shiny coating whichconsolidates the surface, where needed. Primer Galso improves the adhesion of smoothingcompounds, paint, adhesive for wall paper, adhesivefor tiles and mortar for renders.
The film of Primer G on the surface of gypsum orcement, prevents any chemical reaction between sulphates and the cement alluminates of the tile adhesives which, in the presence of moisture, leadsto the formation of the salt “ettringite’’ which is thecause of tiles breaking away from gypsum substrates.
Primer G makes wallpaper stripping far easier anddecreases the amount of glue used for paperhanging.
When used before applying sprayable plasters,Primer Gprevents over-rapid absorption of water by the substrate, prolongs finishing time and helps prevent shrinkage cracks.